Welcome to the Springhead Brewery Website!
NEW SPRINGHEAD PUB 'THE ROARING MEG' OPENING SOON! Launch party over the Spring bank holiday weekend (24th-27th May) to coincide with the Newark Beer Festival, with a fantastic selection of real ales and ciders, delicious homemade locally-sourced food, and live music on the Friday and Saturday evenings! Opening hours: 12pm-11pm daily.
It will be ‘Love at first pint’ when you taste one of our range of beers. Roaring Meg is the leader of the pack and is a smooth golden beer with a sweet, citrus honey aroma, and a long dry finish.
Springhead began life in Sutton-on-Trent as the smallest brewery in England in 1990, gaining a place in the Guinness Book of Records, with a brew length of just 2.5 brewers barrels (about 10 casks for a day’s work) but successful recipes soon led to national prizes and a huge increase in sales. The brewery then moved to larger premises where it expanded to a 10 brewer’s barrel plant, and more recently to 50 brewer’s barrels, making it one of the largest microbreweries in Nottinghamshire.
In May 2011 we relocated to a converted old mill in the centre of the picturesque village of Laneham near Tuxford in North Nottinghamshire. This has provided much more production, office, and storage capacity, and enabled us to open a brewery tap ‘Meg’s Bar’ (see tab for opening hours), run brewery tours, and in time an educational visitor centre
The beers continue to be supplied direct by the brewery to pubs within a 100 mile radius and by reputable wholesalers and pubcos throughout England, Scotland and Wales.
VIST THE BEES' KNEES REAL ALE AND CIDER AT OUR LANEHAM BREWERY!
Our real ale and cider pub THE BEES' KNEES is situated at our brewery site in the picturesque village of Laneham, Notts The Bees’ Knees and landlord, David Anderson, offer a warm welcome to fans of top quality real ale, with the six core Springhead beers plus our seasonal special always on offer, along with two Freedom craft lagers, Scrumpy Wasp cider plus a range of other real ciders available on rotation, quality wines and soft drinks. The Bees’ Knees serves a full menu of quality beer-matched meals, sharing platters and snacks, all cooked onsite by Jack from quality locally sourced ingredients, including an excellent range of pies and mix and match sausage and mash, complimented by lively chat and a great atmosphere.
The pub comprises three rooms, with the main bar, the games room and snug with a real fire to keep you warm on long winter nights, and a lovely outside decking area for the summer! There are also traditional pub games such as table skittles, darts, dominos and cards, occasional live music evenings and a piano available for a good old sing-song!
Opening hours: From 5pm-11pm Mon-Thurs, and 12pm-11pm Fri-Sun, with food available throughout.
- Latest updates from Springhead:
- St Patrick's Day party at the brewery - celebrate with Springhead, with Irish food and music, and of course plenty of quality ale!
- SPRINGHEAD'S SPRING BEER FESTIVAL EASTER WEEKEND (Thursday 28th - Sunday 31st March) - 30 fantastic real ales plus real ciders, great food, live music, Easter egg hunt, duck race and bouncy castle, with funds being raised for Brain Tumour Research at our brewery in Laneham, Retford, Notts
- MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU - celebrate Star Wars day with out mini-beer festival at our brewery site Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th May
- Roaring Meg through to the finals of the Champion Beer of Nottinghamshire competition!
- Maid Marian and Robin Hood join Roaring Meg and The Leveller in Lincolnshire Coops.
- Springhead Brewery wins the NNBA Business of the Year Award!
- Willy's Wheatbeer picked as best beer of the Wetherspoon's national beer festival by their very own beer guru!
Springhead Brewery is proud to brew British beer, and to support SIBA's campaign.